Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pierced Ears

Well, I feel like I might be officially a mean Mom. Ryan told me I couldn't pierce Raiyah's ears until she could atleast ask for them to be done. She has started wanting to put my earrings on and always talks about how pretty they are. I decided that this was her asking for earrings. :) I would put the video on but Ryan said we have to erase it. It might give her nightmares down the road. She was not happy. I felt horrible sitting there holding her head still while they poked a needle in her ear. As you can see she was VERY tired when we got to the car, it was a little emotional. Everyone kept looking at us like we were bad parents as we walked around the mall afterwards and she was sucking on two suckers. But I think she deserved two. Anyway, would I do it again? Yes. But probably when she was younger so she wouldn't notice. For a while there when people said 'how pretty her earrings are' she would kind of lean her head to the side and just say, "hurts". But now she quickly responds "pretty". So I think we are okay. And I think she is adorable with her cute little ears pierced.


10 comments:

laura j. said...

They are so cute! I love them on her. I think we are making our blog private, so if you want an invite leave me a comment.

Brian and Becca said...

that's funny, my husband said the same thing when i wanted to pierce my girls ears but i new better and did it anyway hehehe. Now he just knows all our girls are getting their ears pierced as newborns

Unknown said...

Funny girl. My question is; does she tell people in English, ASL, or Portuguese?

aShLie JaNe said...

Haa.. WHAT a dolly!! She is
SO darn cute!!

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

What a cutie she is with her earrings and her two suckers!

And I'm so glad you updated your blog. Now I guess I better get around to updating mine ;-)

Brian and Becca said...

Hey here is my email rebeccapoulsen@comcast.net

pebes2 said...

Traylor just got hers done for her 8th birthday. I wanted them done when she was a baby but Robert said no. It's worked out great. She loves them. And she has had no problems with them. Your DD is very cute.

jg said...

Yahoo I love it! I would say do it early too, Adi had no idea and has never really cared about them. She is so cute!

The Rives said...

I am glad you haven't gone private yet. Kathlene told me that you had a blog and I wanted to stop in and say, "hi".
I peirced my daughters ears when she was six months old. People stopped and shook their heads. To top that, the fire alarm in the mall went off at the same time the girl was putting the first earing in. That eneded up causing another seen.
Well, I am glad you guys have a blog. It is nice to check in on ya. Take care!

Jenn ( Warnick ) Rives

Anonymous said...

Lucky you that you get to do it so...:)
Ron and Paul said I can't get Esther's done until she's 8.
Sorry about the nightmarish time you had doing it.

Merry Christmas.