Monday, October 3, 2011

Our Home after Hurricane Irene

Okay so we were a little worried when we pulled up to the house. I think if we weren't renting I would have cried. I think overall the house was in better shape than we thought. The garage flooded up to about three feet; but we had put everything in the house so nothing was ruined. You could see the water mark up to our front door. Only one room of electricity worked in the basement, so the electrician had to come in and re-wire all of that. But everything else was in great shape. The front fence snapped in the middle from the wind but that was the only other major damage. Once again grateful for the Lord' protection and that all turned out okay.




1 comment:

Emily said...

Holy Cow that is so scary! I'm glad you guys are okay and your house survived. What an experience!