Thursday, March 15, 2012

Christmas Day


We had such a wonderful Christmas Day. We spent the morning just relaxing, and opening presents together. Grandma Hare and Aunt Cour D'Alene skyped us while we opened presents. Then we went to church which was such a nice way to spend our Christmas morning. I wish every Christmas was celebrated on a Sunday. It makes you focus on what's really important.
We skyped during part of the Flanders and Hare's Christmas parties. It was strange to be away from everyone for Christmas. But knowing we'd be home soon we didn't miss it very much. We were just grateful for this quiet day we got to spend as our little family. It really was a perfect way to spend a Christmas.

I wish I had a better picture of my decorations. I didn't want to go buy expensive stuff since I would just have to leave it behind. But I loved my garland and wreath I made from the bottom branches of our Christmas tree.

I love this picture. It's exactly what happened with all the presents. Raiyah taking her time to analyze each thing she opened, and Malakai just racing through to see all the things before deciding what to play with.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ryan, I'm digging the 'fro.