Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Overcoming my FEAR of WATER in Dominican Republic








Ryan and I ventured out and left Raiyah at home with Grandparents, and Penny. :) I was really nervous to leave her thinking she couldn't survive without me. But of course she is still breathing and thriving like she always does. We stayed at a Resort in Puerto Plata called, Sun Valley Resort. It's owned by a company we just invested in (cross our fingers it works). We were really impressed. It was absolutely beautiful. We went kayaking, snorkeling, waterfall hiking, boogie boarding, wind sailing; all the works. I've been afraid of water my entire life since almost drowning when I was around two. I don't remember this episode but involved my Uncle Gordon seeing my hat floating on the water and realizing I wasn't wearing it. Ever since I have been petrified of open water. Even seeing pictures of it makes me sick. But I have married a fish. Ryan would live in water if he could. So I am trying to support his likes, and I had a really good time doing it. There were a couple of times when there were huge waves coming at us on the kayak, or snorkeling past where I was sure Jaws would soon appear that I didn't think I would survive. But here I am happy I faced my fears. Dominican is beatiful. The exotic resort wasn't so bad either. :)






5 comments:

Perla said...

Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment, Heather! For some reason I was thinking you weren't going to the DR until the end of this month. It sounds (and looks) like you had a blast! I'm looking forward to catching up on Raiyah after I finish writing this comment.

I kind of avoided the blogs until my sister showed me a site where you can have your blog bound into a book. Because I often feel guilty about spending too much time on the computer and NOT enough time on recording things for my journal, I realized I can now kill two birds with one stone. And it is kind of addicting as well as being a good way to stay in touch with others. Anyway, love you and am glad you were able to have such a fun get-away with Ryan!

Debi said...

I'm so jealous! Looks fun.

lkg said...

Hi my cute friend! Man I miss you and your family so much! I missed you at lunch with lex the other day! Please call and I will come right up the next time you work! Plus we need hang out for sure! Raiyah so big and beautiful!

aShLie JaNe said...

MAN you guys SURE have ALOT of fun memories! I had alot of fun this weekend! Hopefully we'll see you soon! I like your blog and pictures!

David Radican said...

nice pics...

good luck to you all

12daily.pro