Sunday, January 11, 2009

December Happenings




Christmas was really special this year. My Dad and Mom worked really hard to make these two presents. They will be treasures my family will always keep. Raiyah loves her rocking horse she has named, "Boy" and loves putting all of her Doll's to bed in the cradle. I'm really grateful they took the time to make these priceless gifts for Raiyah and our other children to come.

Christmas really starts to change when you have children of your own. We went to a party at Ryan's Aunt Dottie's house where Santa and Mrs. Claus showed up. Raiyah was sooo excited. She just sat and talked to him for a very long time. Usually you just run up and get to sit on Santa's lap for a minute but they got all the time they wanted. It was very special for Raiyah. I love seeing the little twinkling in her eye when she is really happy.




Turning two has big a big step in Raiyah's life. She changes so much every day. She now talks in three word sentences and comes up with the funniest things. She tells me all about her dreams every night which is always about: church, nursery, Brinkley, Jack, or her bear and Cocoa her lamb. She still loves to cuddle in bed with Mom and Dad, have Daddy run after her and "get scared." She sings constantly about everything she see's, loves to play her violin (a styrafoam violin with a wood bow) while I play mine, do gymnastics, play dress up, and play in the snow.
I honestly wouldn't ask for anything to change about my sweet little two year old. It's true they want to push every button and although it drives me nuts sometimes I am glad she is finding her self and trying to see where her limits are in life. Happy birthday my lil angel.













2 comments:

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

I can't believe Raiyah is two! That means Jack will be two soon, as well...unbelievable! Our little ones our growing up too fast.

What amazing presents your parents gave Raiyah. Those are the type of toys you keep forever and all of your kids will love.

Gina said...

Oh my gosh . . I love that little Raiyah of yours. We can't get enough of her. She has more personality than any other 2 year old I've ever known! We missed you guys last night (so did Lauren . . she kept walking around the house, saying "Yaiyah? Yaiyah?" Too cute.)