When we decided to move to Virginia we were really excited for all of the history we were going to see and learn about. We didn't anticipate the joys of living on the beach. I have never been a fan of the ocean; I have changed my thinking. We go as much as possible. We are renting a beach house right on the Chesapeake Bay. We just walk a little path behind our house and wala we are on our private beach. At low tide the kids can walk all the way to those rocks. These pictures are all taken during high tide, but even then we have so much fun. I am grateful our beach house is on the bay because I don't have to worry about the huge waves when Ryan is at work, and then when he is home we can drive fifteen minutes and spend the day in Virginia Beach. Our kids are official Beach Bums. We are loving beach life.





Raiyah still talks about her friends she has left behind in Utah. I reassure her that we will return home one day and she will still have her friends. She has been really happy to find a great friend in Addison. From the first night we arrived they have been best of friends. It helps that we really like the rest of her family too. I think Malakai and Porter are still figuring each other out but they like each other. We are grateful for good friends already.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment