At the Nauticus shipyard we were able to tour two different Japanese War Ships. Their sailors were constant smiles and very helpful. This guy carried both kids down a really steep ladder. It was overwhelming and really interesting to walk around these gigantic ships.
Raiyah has started to love mermaids since moving here. It bothers her that "they show their bellies and are immodest" but she still likes seeing them all over. She thought it was great she could look like a mermaid in this model.
Battleship Wisconsin. I cannot remember the details right now but I will let you know when I figure out the great significance of it. I know it's a great WWII battleship. It was fun to see.
TOWNE POINTE PARK, DOWNTOWN NORFOLK
We stumbled upon this park, which was a lot of fun. There were couches, different boxes of games, and best of all fountains. We were finished with our day at the marina so we let the kids run through the fountains. It was a lot of fun seeing them enjoy this spur of the moment time at the park, and we got to watch all of the boats coming in and out. What a great city to see so many different kinds of things.
Spirit of Norfolk: They have a mermaid at every point they can in this city. Each place has their own decorated. It's fun to see all of the different designs.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment