Friday, September 2, 2011

First Landing State Park

FIRST LANDING STATE PARK
Best thing about state parks in Virginia: they let all military in for free during 2011. We can explore all over the place for free. We were really excited and grateful to take advantage of this offer.
This is the first place where the settlers landed before moving on to Jamestown. It was a climate I've never been in before. The Spanish Moss was breathtaking, I loved all of the trees. And the lagoons were alluring in their own way. I would never want to be caught in one, but they were beautiful to look at. The mountain bike trail we went on was a "black diamond." We were warned by many natives that we wouldn't be able to make it the whole way with our bike trailer. I would compare it's skill level to Shoreline Drive in Boutiful, and Centerville. We had to laugh at the rough terrain. Of course it did help having my tough husband pulling the kids through all the sand areas. :)

Every few turns there are workout stations through the whole park. It was great. They are all diverse and lot's of fun.
Malakai is trying to figure out what we are all doing, and if he is supposed to join in with his crazy family.





Reflections at the pond.



No comments: