Thursday, November 3, 2011

Virginia Beach

 Virginia Beach has been such a huge part of our stay in Virginia. If we had time off from work, or other site seeing we would go to the beach. Raiyah has learned to go out pretty far, and body surf back into shore. She keeps her mouth closed, and knows when and where to put her face in the waves. Malakai loves getting knocked over by the waves and then running onto the sand. They have both learned to love the ocean. And of course since Ryan is a fish this has been heavenly for him. We have loved living by the beach.
 Raiyah and Addison love playing in the ocean together. She is so happy she has such a good friend here. She misses all her friends at home so it's nice to have Addison around. They have been close since the moment they met and were wearing the same kind of pajamas.
Ryan makes me pretty nervous; but the kids LOVE when he takes them clear out into the ocean. I never knew you could walk out so far. They think it is so amazing when the huge waves crash into them and their Papa can keep them safe.
There are a few playgrounds on the ocean front. The kids love switching between playing in the water and the toys. Whoever thought of this was brilliant.



Body surfing!!!
We saw the East Coast Surfing Championships. It was fun to see some "real" surfers.





King Neptune, God of the Sea is a spectacular statue on 31st street. It's neat in pictures but it takes your breath away in real life. I was very impressed.

2 comments:

laura j. said...

It is fun to read through your adventures! I hope things are going well for you. I miss our GNOs:)

jg said...

looks like so much fun! You guys have the cutest family! I miss you guys, but happy you are having a great time!