Then we camped at Bristol State Park. It was beautiful.
We attended the Bristol Parade for the 4th. This is the longest running parade in the country. It had a lot of fun things like era dressed soldiers firing guns, horses, floats, etc. The only thing it was missing was candy :) I would recommend anyone going but it was VERY long. You could be waiting for a new act to show up for about five minutes. We left before it was over, and still had been watching the parade for about 1.5hrs. Did I mention that the street is painted like this all year round to identify the parade route. And a majority of the houses are completely decked out in patriotic stuff. It felt really neat to walk through the city.
| We hung out with our friends the Mease's. We have loved becoming great friends with these guys. Brandon, Lindsay, Brandon II, Ian, Easton, and Grayson |
Later that night we had a party at Chris and Kelly Thompson's house. There was shirt tiedying, sparklers, and slip and slide. Couldn't ask for a better way to spend the 4th. Oh, and I can't forget that Ryan spent the last hour and a half of the night teaching everyone how to play rugby while we waited for fireworks. He was in heaven.
I wish I could have caught it on camera: we saw our first fireflies. It was so much fun to watch. We were watching the fireworks in a glen which was surrounded by bushes, and they literally were on fire with the lights. They were everywhere. I felt like a little kid I was so giddy with excitement.






No comments:
Post a Comment