Monday, September 19, 2011

Going Crabbing!!!

Ryan took the kids crabbing while I had a little me time. They had so much fun learning this new skill. Ryan bought a net, rope, chicken, and a good old stick. Raiyah said she wanted to help  so she held out the net for the crab to be dumped into it. She was very brave until the crab actually was about to get in. She threw the net down, and ran as fast as she could telling Malakai to run too because there was a crab. Ryan was proud of his brave little princess. :) Once the crabs were dead both kids loved holding them.

 Male Blue Crabs have the "Washington Monument" on them.
 Four crabs were caught but two had to be let free so they could grow more. This was Ryan's first  trip so I won't despair. I know my brave hunter can gather more food next time.

 For all those that have not witnessed the 180 of a four year old and their attitude, here you go. One minute bright smiles, the next furrowed brow, and frown. What a great rollercoaster to hitch a ride on.
 One of our great crabbing men showing off the stick they used.

Ryan watched a video on Youtube telling him how to cook a crab. I was not about to help in this endeavor. I will cook anything, but I couldn't even gut the frog in high school biology. He did great yanking the shell off the suffering live crab. (youtube says they cannot feel you taking their shell off. How do they know if a crab can feel might I ask?)

1 comment:

Christy said...

We miss you around here :) It looks like you are having a fantastic adventure.